About AbiWord 2.8.6
Abiword is a small, fast, easy to use stand-alone word processor for Windows 2000 and higher (also available for Linux and MacOS X). It has many useful features including an integrated grammar checker, support for equation editing, ability to import a variety of word processor formats yet takes less system resources than other word processors making it suitable for less powerful PCs.
Features of AbiWord 2.8.6
- Runs faster and takes up less memory
- AbiWord loads faster and takes up less system resources than MS Word. It uses about 6MB of memory usage while MS Word uses over 30MB.
- Integrated grammar checker
- This is in addition to the integrated spell checker.
- Support for equation editing
- AbiWord is able to read and write industry standard document types, such as OpenDocument files, OpenOffice.org documents, Microsoft Word documents, WordPerfect documents, Rich Text Format documents, HTML web pages and many more.
- Advanced Document Layout
- Give your document that professional, scientific or fun-to-read look using AbiWord's advanced document layout options. Use tables, bullets, lists, images, footnotes, endnotes and styles to enhance the way your document looks.
- Mail Merge
- With AbiWord's Mail Merge capabilities, you can let AbiWord automate that job for you. Special fields inserted into a template document can automatically be replaced with data coming from a variety of sources, such as Relational Databases, Comma Separated Text files or Tabbed Text files.
- AbiWord supports right-to-left, left-to-right, and mixed-mode text. This means that in addition to supporting European languages, AbiWord supports languages such as Hebrew and Arabic.
The TTCS OSSWIN DVD 0.89 webpages (the work), is copyrighted by the Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society (TTCS) and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Licence.
Every one of the Free and Open Source Software applications on this DVD is governed by its own licence.
This webpage was created at Monday July 01, 2013. You can email the TTCS at email@example.com
Visit the TTCS OSSWIN DVD page at http://www.ttcsweb.org/osswin-dvd/