About GIMP 2.8.6
The GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a image editor for Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 for bitmap images such as photos. Typical uses include photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.
Features of GIMP 2.8.6
- Full suite of painting tools including: Brush, Pencil, Airbrush, Clone, etc.
- Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high quality anti-aliasing.
- Gradient editor and blend tool.
- Supports custom brushes and patterns.
- Advanced image Manipulation
- Full alpha channel support.
- Layers and channels.
- Multiple Undo/Redo (limited only by diskspace).
- Editable text layers.
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear and flip.
- Selection tools including: rectangle, ellipse, free, fuzzy and intelligent.
- Advanced path tool doing bezier and polygonal selections.
- Transformable paths, transformable selections.
- Quickmask to paint a selection.
- Load and save animations in a convenient frame-as-layer format.
- MNG support.
- Frame Navigator (in GAP, the GIMP Animation Package).
- Onion Skin (in GAP, the GIMP Animation Package).
- Bluebox (in GAP, the GIMP Animation Package).
- Plug-ins which allow for the easy addition of new file formats and new effect filters.
The TTCS OSSWIN DVD 0.89 webpages (the work), is copyrighted by the Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society (TTCS) and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Licence.
Every one of the Free and Open Source Software applications on this DVD is governed by its own licence.
This webpage was created at Monday July 01, 2013. You can email the TTCS at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the TTCS OSSWIN DVD page at http://www.ttcsweb.org/osswin-dvd/