About Halite 0.3.4
Halite is a BitTorrent client for Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 which enables end users with broadband to join the BitTorrent peer-to-peer (P2P) distribution system and download files via this protocol.
The BitTorrent protocol is designed to distribute large quantities of data (e.g. the 700MB .iso image file for the TTCS OSSWIN CD) among many users without saturating the bandwidth of the host server. In traditional file distribution, a high demand for a large file can overwhelm the bandwidth resources of the server whereas with the BitTorrent protocol, the bandwidth demands are shared amongst the clients who are downloading the data.
Be sure to read the CommonMedia.org article: How to start using BitTorrent to download files and see the related links section for links to more details about the BitTorrent client and protocol and peer-to-peer file transfer technology.
Features of Halite 0.3.4
- Multiple downloads
- Displays more detailed information for the selected torrent
- Connection limits both global and per-torrent
- Transfer rate limits again global and per-torrent
- Trackerless torrents (using the Mainline kademlia DHT protocol)
- IP filtering with eMule ipfilter.dat import
- Minimize to tray with transfer rate summary
- Association with ".torrent" files
- Option to limit the number of instances to one
- Estimated time remaining indicator
The TTCS OSSWIN DVD 0.89 webpages (the work), is copyrighted by the Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society (TTCS) and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Licence.
Every one of the Free and Open Source Software applications on this DVD is governed by its own licence.
This webpage was created at Monday July 01, 2013. You can email the TTCS at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the TTCS OSSWIN DVD page at http://www.ttcsweb.org/osswin-dvd/