About KeePass 2.22
KeePass is a password manager or safe which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key-disk.
Features of KeePass 2.22
- Highly encrypted databases.
- KeePass supports Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and the Twofish algorithms to encrypt its password databases. The entire database is encrypted, not just password fields. Even while im memory, the passwords are encrypted so that passwords wouldn't be found in the Windows cache.
- Support of master passwords and key-disks
- One master password decrypts the complete database. Alternatively, you can use key-disks. Key-disks provide better security than master passwords in most cases. You only have to carry the key-file with you, for example on a floppy disk, or you can burn it on CD. Or you can use a combination of these methods.
- Export password list to TXT, HTML, XML or CSV files.
- You can attach files to password entries (useful to store PGP signature files in KeePass for example).
KeePass Install Notes
Note : Users of Windows XP must have the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 to be installed in order to run KeePass 2.22. The .NET Framework v2.0 is already installed in Windows Vista, 7 and higher.
Window XP users can download Microsoft's NET framework at Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0 Service Pack 1 (size: 23.6 MB). You may need to restart your machine afterwards.
The TTCS OSSWIN DVD 0.89 webpages (the work), is copyrighted by the Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society (TTCS) and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Licence.
Every one of the Free and Open Source Software applications on this DVD is governed by its own licence.
This webpage was created at Monday July 01, 2013. You can email the TTCS at email@example.com
Visit the TTCS OSSWIN DVD page at http://www.ttcsweb.org/osswin-dvd/