About Mozilla Firefox 22.0
Mozilla Firefox is a free and cross-platform web browser for Windows, Linux, MacOS X and other operating systems.
It is fast, easy to use and offers many features over other web browsers, such as tabbed browsing and the ability to block pop-up windows.
Version 22.0 introduces many useful features such as Private Browsing mode, Location Aware Browsing and native support for Ogg Theora encoded video and Ogg Vorbis encoded audio.
See a video tour of Firefox v22.0.
Features of Mozilla Firefox 22.0
- Tabbed Browsing
- View several web pages in a single window in separate browser tabs with this time saving feature.
- Popup Blocking.
- Stop popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker.
- Privacy and Security
- Built with your security in mind, Firefox keeps your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX controls.
- Extension capabilty
- Firefox's extension capability allows you to add as many features to the browser as you want. Over 100 extensions are available including a Google toolbar, ad blockers, and web developer tools. Find them all at http://update.mozilla.org
- Live Bookmarks
- Live bookmarks is a new technology in Firefox that lets you view RSS news and blog headlines in the bookmarks toolbar or bookmarks menu. By seeing the latest headlines from your favorite sites, you save time by going directly to the articles that interest you. See the Mozilla Firefox Live Bookmarks page for more details.
- Developer's Best Friend
- Firefox leads the industry in support for Web standards. A simplified interface, cross-platform support, open source collaboration and developer extensions make Firefox the perfect canvas for your web site or web application.
- Easy to Switch to Firefox
- Switching to Firefox is quick and easy. An import wizard gets your bookmarks, settings and other information from other browsers such as Internet Explorer, Netscape and Mozilla 1.x.
- Integrated Search Box
- Located in the top right corner of Firefox is the search box with allows you to do web searches from a variety of search engines. You can add many more search engines to the search bar.
- Automated update to streamline product upgrades.
- Notification of an update is more prominent, and updates to Firefox may now be half a megabyte or smaller. Updating extensions has also improved.
- Support for the HTML5 <video> and <audio> elements including native support for Ogg Theora encoded video and Vorbis encoded audio
- Improved tools for controlling your private data, including a Private Browsing Mode.
- ability to share your location with websites using Location Aware Browsing
The TTCS OSSWIN DVD 0.89 webpages (the work), is copyrighted by the Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society (TTCS) and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Licence.
Every one of the Free and Open Source Software applications on this DVD is governed by its own licence.
This webpage was created at Monday July 01, 2013. You can email the TTCS at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the TTCS OSSWIN DVD page at http://www.ttcsweb.org/osswin-dvd/