About Tux Paint 0.9.21c
Tux Paint is a free drawing program for Windows 7/Vista/XP designed for children (age 3 and up). It has a simple, easy-to-use interface, fun sound effects and a cartoon mascot who helps guide children as they use the program. It provides a blank canvas and a variety of drawing tools to help your child be creative.
Features of Tux Paint 0.9.21c
- Fun sound effects are played when tools are selected and used.
- Paint brush - Various brushes available and can add more brushes.
- Rubber stamp - Various stamp images available and Can add more stamps and create categories. Stamps can have text (names, facts, etc.) assigned to them.
- Line tool - Uses Paint Brush’s brushes. “Rubberband” shows where the line will be drawn as you move the mouse.
- Shape tool - Draw various filled and unfilled shapes. Rotate shapes (can be disabled if necessary).
- Text tool - With various fonts and sizes and can add your own fonts.
- "Magic” (special effects) tools includes :
- Grass - easily draw grass. Don't forget the dirt!
- Bricks - draw a brick wall
- Rainbow brush – draw using a brush that paints in all colours of the rainbow.
- Sparkles – draw glowing yellow sparkles.
- Mirror – flip the image horizontally.
- Flip – flip the image vertically.
- Blur – blur parts of the picture using the mouse.
- Smudge – push the colours around as though smudging paint.
- Fade – fade the colours of parts of the picture.
- Darken – darken the colours of parts of the picture.
Tux Paint Install Notes
There are two files to install with Tux Paint :
- Install / Download Tux Paint 0.9.21c for Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000
- The core program and data-files (user interface graphics, sound effects, etc.), and "Tux Paint Config.", a graphical configuration tool for parents and teachers.
- Tux Paint Stamps 2009-06-28
- This installer program contains a set of rubber stamp images which can be used with the stamp tool within Tux Paint. Run after installing the core program.
The TTCS OSSWIN DVD 0.89 webpages (the work), is copyrighted by the Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society (TTCS) and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Licence.
Every one of the Free and Open Source Software applications on this DVD is governed by its own licence.
This webpage was created at Monday July 01, 2013. You can email the TTCS at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the TTCS OSSWIN DVD page at http://www.ttcsweb.org/osswin-dvd/