About WinDirStat 1.1.2
WinDirStat allows you to visually see what files are taking up space across an entire drive or a specified folder using treemaps.
A treemap represents each file as a coloured rectangle, the colour indicating the type of file. The area of the rectangle is proportional to the file's size. So you can quickly see what which is the largest file and which types of files are occupying the specified drive or folder. Clicking on the rectangle will reveal more details as well as possible actions (copy the file, open in Windows Explorer, delete the file, etc)
Features of WinDirStat 1.1.2
- WinDirStat reads the whole directory tree once and then presents it in three useful views:
- The directory list, which resembles the tree view of the Windows Explorer but is sorted by file/subtree size,
- The treemap, which shows the whole contents of the directory tree straight away,
- The extension list, which serves as a legend and shows statistics about the file types.
- Coupling. Select an item in the directory list: The treemap highlights it; and vice versa.
- Built-in cleanup actions including Open, Show Properties, Delete.
- User-defined cleanups (command line based).
- Works with network drives and UNC paths.
- 'Create disk usage report' option.
- right-click integration via SendTo menu
The TTCS OSSWIN DVD 0.89 webpages (the work), is copyrighted by the Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society (TTCS) and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Licence.
Every one of the Free and Open Source Software applications on this DVD is governed by its own licence.
This webpage was created at Monday July 01, 2013. You can email the TTCS at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the TTCS OSSWIN DVD page at http://www.ttcsweb.org/osswin-dvd/